Every wonder why you should start a podcast?
In this episode, I have 5 surefire reasons you should start a podcast! I absolutely love podcasting and began creating podcasting courses in 2006 for women entrepreneurs. I feel every business should utilize all the digital technologies to your business advantage.
Listen to my Podcast Throwback: Episode 02: Mompreneurs In Heels (Web Success Strategies) Podcast 2014
Here’s what I talk about in the audio:
- my experiences with podcasting success
- why podcasting is one of most versatile ways to increase your tribe
- how podcasting takes into consideration different learning modes
- how podcasting adds to the value of your blog copy
- the importance of syndicating your content and providing your content in a variety of methods: adding diversity to your platform through social media, video marketing, as well as podcasting
- how podcasting helps you ease into public speaking
- why I think podcasting trumps video marketing
- with over 450 million blogs, subscribing to podcasts has become easier with the onslaught of smartphones.
Why start a podcast?
My personal experience with podcasting success:
I quickly increased my blog readership by 30% within 2 months upon starting the podcast and by 125% in 4 weeks as a result of one podcast interview with a well-known guest in my niche.
Here are even more reasons you should start a podcast.
Podcasts will help you gain visibility on the web.
Each of my podcast episodes seems to rank higher than my blog posts. I\’m not quite sure why this is…but I have a feeling it has to do with podcasting.
Podcasts don’t have to be expensive to start.
You could set up a studio as elaborate as the one Cliff Ravenscraft uses, or you can start one for free using services like Blog Talk Radio or Talkshoe (available long ago which I don’t recommend-for reasons I can get into in another blog post), or you can use a free audio recording software such as Audacity.
Also, services like Audio Acrobat might work for you (at $20/month.) Just go at your own pace, utilize the tools you have at your disposal if you want to begin on a budget.
More reasons to start a podcast…
- You will reach your target audience, build your tribe, and grow your brand with a podcast.
- Podcasting helps you to establish your authority and expertise on a niche topic.
- You will reach more mobile-device owners with your message as a result of podcasting.
(A larger percentage of my listeners stick around for 15-30 minutes. Podcasting is GREAT for blog stickiness. The average blog receives between 5-10 minutes or less of reading time.)
Has this episode been helpful to you? I sure hope this encourages you to start a podcast! Leave me a note in the comments below.